”In winter, I plot and plan. In spring, I move.” - Henry Rollins. If you’re like me, every spring you want to open your windows and clean out the cobwebs so that your home looks its best.
Here are 3 home improvement tips for spring in Boise to get your home looking like new.
1. Perform A Spring Checkup For Energy Efficiency And Safety
Spring is one of the best times to ensure your home’s systems are running properly for the coming summer months. Here are some things you should inspect every spring in Boise:
- HVAC System. Test out your air conditioning system to make sure it’s ready for summer. Increase your HVAC system’s energy efficiency by replacing your furnace and air conditioning filters. Some HVAC companies provide this service for a small fee.
- Smoke Detectors. Test your carbon monoxide and smoke alarms to keep your family and home safe. Put new batteries in your alarms each spring and fall.
- Caulking and Windows. Inspect the caulking around doors and windows as well as kitchen and bathroom fixtures for cracks. Replace the caulking as you go. Install window treatments, like plantation shutters, to enhance your window’s energy efficiency and temperature control. Open up every window to ensure that they can move freely.
2. Deep Clean Your House So That It Shines
The best way to make your house shine is with a deep clean. First, declutter your rooms to open up the space. Then clean surfaces you don’t scrub weekly such as kitchen and bathroom walls, baseboards, floors, and ceiling fans. Shine your bathroom and kitchen fixtures. Move your furniture to clean and vacuum the areas under and behind it and then vacuum your furniture.
Bring in more natural light by cleaning your windows. Scrub your screens and windows to remove dirt and grime. Clean your shades and draperies and wipe down your shutters. You can give your blinds a new look with an ultrasonic cleaning treatment.
3. Redecorate Your Rooms For A Fresh Look
After you’ve cleaned your house, you’re ready for the fun part: redecorating.
The easiest way to redecorate is to use what you already have. You can give your room a whole new feel by rearranging the furniture. Or try shopping your home. This means you switch out the accessories and furniture you already own between rooms. Add more color with bright accessories, paint, and plants.
If you want to give your room a completely new style, then look through our idea gallery for ideas and inspiration. It’s packed with photos of different styles of rooms and window treatments for all areas of your house. Once you’ve decided on a color scheme and style for your room, you can look for furniture, artwork, and accessories.
An easy update for your rooms is to add window treatments that match your existing décor and brighten your rooms. You can pick from a range of shutters including plantation shutters, reclaimed wood shutters, and barn door shutters in addition to blinds and shades.
Get More Design Tips
Explore our design tips for more ideas for inspiration. And when you discover a look and window treatment that you like, give us a call at 208-609-9129 or fill out the form below to set up a free in-home consultation. Our team will guide you in choosing the right window treatment to give your room a beautiful, fresh look this spring.